VELUX – Senior Project Manager – Product Development
Do you have a proven track record in ensuring robust project execution concerning product development? Do you have an agile mindset and knowledge regarding the right models for the suited projects, stage-gate, and agile/scrum? Are you motivated by creating high-performance teams in a cross-functional environment?
Become Senior Project Manager in VELUX Flat Roof Windows — the newly merged category working towards residential and professional markets where a balance between stocked mass products and customized customer solution must go hand in hand.
As Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for defining portfolio intakes and qualification from idea to project, followed by development and implementation of product facelifts, quality improvement projects, and cost-take tasks with dedicated colleagues across the organisation.
In that sense, you will truly feel and work with an end-to-end perspective.
As part of the Develop & Optimize team within Product Development, you will provide direction and support to project members at different levels, including representatives from other teams such as sales, production, and finance. You will be responsible for translating the project purpose and success criteria. We use different models — the stage-gate model, express for task and light executions — to apply the leadership principles to create a high performing team.
Moreover, your responsibility will be to:
- Drive all aspects of the project, ensuring team members remain on track and deviations are effectively addressed. Present projects at gate reviews to senior leadership to assess project progress, share identified risks, and create action plans.
- Follow up on action items from the gate review and keep the team informed of senior leadership’s discussions and decisions.
- Manage several project plans (schedules, budgets, resources, risks, and deliverables) and secure input from all the company’s impacted functional areas.
- Set appropriate timelines, track key milestones, and report project progress against key milestones. It is vital to understand timing, relationships between activities, and steps required for each task in the project timeline, identify risks, and create contingency plans.
- Drive quarterly pipeline ideation sessions for cost out activities and qualify ideas to projects as well as qualification of new product upgrades.
You will be based in Østbirk and be a part of a global organisation. You can expect to travel approximately 10-20 days annually — nationally and internationally.
You have a solid understanding and knowledge of project management processes and business fundamentals from driving multiple projects of different size and complexity. Preferably you have a Mechanical Engineering background from product development or similar educational level.
To be successful, you need to:
- Create visibility of activities and risks while motivating the project team to follow plans and respect deliverables and milestones.
- Challenge the status quo and Create process around yearly portfolio wheel for ideation as well as and contribute to process excellence in half double/agile methodology.
- Plan and manage all areas of the project (schedule, budget, team, quality, risks, communication, stakeholders, etc.) in advance — and re-plan when needed.
- Manage execution of the project plan using relevant project management tools.
- Ensure scenario-based planning, timely mitigation, and escalating critical issues to project quality, delivery, and cost.
- Ensure buy-in from key stakeholders — and alignment of expectations.
- Keep the balanced focus on project deliverables from Market, Product, and Supply.
As a person, you are proactive with a can-do attitude and energy that inspires. You take the lead and motivate the whole project team on a day-to-day basis. You are open-minded, flexible, hardworking, and have a healthy sense of humour. You understand when to secure flexibility and when stability is needed — finding the right balance to be proactive and delivering on the plan, budget, and adherence to the specification.
You are a self-driven, independent person that gets your energy from goal achievements and working in a knowledge-intensive team based on collaboration and belief in higher collective work productivity. You are a great communicator with excellent verbal and written skills, and you communicate fluently in English both orally and in writing.
We are family and foundation owned with a long history of strong results. In addition to operating at a highly professional level, our team is characterised by an informal tone and a healthy sense of humor. We work as one team to reach our ambitious results. We believe in empowering people, and we support this through sharing knowledge, delegating responsibility, and investing in people who strive to make a difference.
Our international environment is an excellent source of inspiration with many good ideas and best practices from across the world, and the international setting is in our DNA. We have project management communities and networks and extensive experts on the field that will push your personal development even further.
We offer exciting challenges, great opportunities of influencing your development with competent and dedicated colleagues where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among the core values.
Application and contact
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with GML-HR. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Partner, Lars Halsboe at telephone +45 24258808. All inquiries are treated confidentially. If this position should be of interest to you, please apply by clicking the “Søg stillingen” button. CV and application in English.