VELUX – Lead Logistics Buyer
Would you like to expand your skill set within procurement and logistics? And do you want to build strong relationships throughout a market leading international organisation with a large European distribution network?
We offer you the chance to become part of a company with mutual respect, commitment and thoroughness as vital core values.
Your primary task will be to ensure maintenance and development of a strong supplier platform. Together with your team, you deliver functional operational processes and procurement expertise when negotiating optimal conditions for the VELUX Group with our various supplier accounts. Moreover, you will function as an internal business partner to sales companies and logistics functions across the VELUX Group. You will:
- Be responsible for procurement based on conducted analyses of tender documents from internal and external suppliers
- Build and manage valuable relationships with internal and external suppliers and stakeholders
- Develop and manage KPIs and identify action points to improve performance
- Participate in projects, supporting the project leads with ad hoc tasks related to data crunching
- Use your experience and insight to challenge, develop and optimise existing processes
As relationship building is an important part of this job, you can expect to travel 40-50 days a year to visit external suppliers as well as internal stakeholders throughout Europe.
You work with a structured approach and an eye open for optimising processes and improving efficiency. You are a trusted and empathetic colleague who takes the time to understand the needs of customers, vendors and colleagues alike. Also, you are a strong networker and enjoy talking to people from different cultures — whether it be the truck driver in Germany or a CEO in Hungary. Moreover, we imagine that you:
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in logistics or similar
- Preferably have 2+ years of experience in logistics and/or distribution from a production company where you have shown good results
- Preferably have a commercial mindset and knowledge of the full truck load market in Europe
- Have experience with SAP and are certified in project management — though it is not a prerequisite
- Speak and write English fluently — any other language skills would be a plus, e.g. German or Polish
Joining our Contract Logistics Commercial team, you will work alongside 4 talented colleagues who value a work environment with room to share knowledge — as well as laughs. We support each other, and we have a good mix of competencies with everything from 3 to 20 years of experience. We believe that our differences make us stronger as a team.
“We are a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among our core values. We believe in a work-life balance that allows you the flexibility to achieve your goals — both professionally and personally,” explains Kenn Vognsen, Director of Global Contract Logistics.
Application and contact
GML-HR is handling this recruitment on behalf of Velux. You are welcome to contact Partner at GML-HR Lars Halsboe at +45 24258808 to inquire about the position and obtain further information. All inquiries are treated confidentially. If this position should be of interest to you, please apply by clicking the “Apply” button. Do not hesitate to apply as the applications will be reviewed continuously.