VELUX – HR Director for VELUX Germany
Do you want to head our German HR organisation in a world-leading company within roof windows and skylights? And can you transform an ambitious growth strategy into successful and effective HR initiatives?
Then join VELUX Germany and be part of an international company with 9,500 employees globally who are on an exciting journey with a new corporate strategy focusing on growth. Help us fulfil our “Let’s Grow” strategy to expand further and to provide better living and working environments through daylight and fresh air.
As our new HR director, you will have a dual reporting line to the managing director for VELUX Germany and to the director for HR Partnering Sales & Marketing in Denmark. Based in Hamburg, you get plenty of opportunities to make use of your core HR competencies as you will take charge of all HR activities related to supporting the German sales company. Here, you will have the strategic and operational leadership of the HR department consisting of 8 HR specialists, and 3 of them, including one manager, report directly to you.
As an integral part of the management team within VELUX Germany, you will be a valued advisor and sounding board on HR issues for the senior management and business leaders. This also means that you contribute to defining and driving a strong and robust HR strategy aligned with business needs and priorities for VELUX Germany.
Besides your VELUX Germany role, you will also have a matrix oriented regional role, where you will collaborate closely with Global HR at the headquarters in Hørsholm, Denmark. Together with our Centers of Excellence and other HR partners supporting additional sales regions, you will share knowledge with — and contribute to — ensuring the vision of having a truly global HR organisation. More concretely, your overall responsibilities will be to:
- Direct and manage the overall provision of human resource services, policies, culture implementation and human development programmes for VELUX Germany
- Implement human resource practices by providing an employee-oriented, high performance culture which emphasises empowerment, quality, productivity and goal attainment
- Manage, develop and motivate the German HR organisation by ensuring relevant and right competencies
- Benchmark and share knowledge with other regional HR Business Partners from the global Sales & Marketing organisation
- Share experiences and results from people reviews, succession planning and global employee services with Global HR
As part of a global organisation, you can expect to travel approx. 15 days annually.
You have a relevant graduate or master’s degree together with extensive and multi-year experience (5+ years) in a senior HR role with management of an HR organisation in an international environment, ideally from a global matrix-based company. You are confident with the general areas of HR (recruitment, employer branding, development, C&B and dismissals).
The key to success in this position is a combination of your solid HR experiences and toolbox plus your visionary and strategic mind, allowing you to manage complex cross-functional initiatives, processes or projects and support organisational change processes. You are able to inspire others and challenge the HR procedures to ensure efficiency and coherence in the team.
You are confident in the role as an advisor for the executive team, and you know how to execute and deliver on HR tasks in an international company undergoing continuous changes. Moreover, you:
- Are a team player and an excellent communicator who can easily collaborate with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Have a can-do approach, can switch tasks with short notice and can keep a cool head in the process. You are comfortable dealing with complex tasks — even in situations with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Have international experience in corporate learning and organisational development
- Can navigate comfortably with many different stakeholders and can achieve results in this type of environment. You have obtained proven results in setting the course for an HR organisation and its services based on an underlying business-oriented agenda
- Are fluent in oral and written German and English
The VELUX Group has a long history of solid results and a unique and valued culture. We are family and foundation-owned and offer exciting challenges and great opportunities for your personal and professional development, and you will get a unique chance to work with competent and dedicated colleagues where commitment, mutual respect and thoroughness are among our core values.
We work as one team to reach our ambitious goals, and believe in empowering people. To support this, we provide a high degree of freedom and invest in people who have the will and the ability to make a difference.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, VELUX Germany and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Lars Halsboe, Partner at GML-HR, by telephone +45 2425 8808.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.