Saint-Gobain Danmark – Head of Category Management in Denmark
Become a part of a large international building material conglomerate.
Do you have leadership experiences within procurement / sourcing, do you have some years of experience within procurement / sourcing / logistics as a category manager, strategic purchaser or comparable, and are you ready to take the next step in your career and become Head of Category management for 4-5 category managers covering purchase categories both locally (Denmark) and on a Nordic level? Then you should continue reading about this position below.
You will join both a local efficient and experienced procurement team in Denmark, a larger procurement community in the Nordic countries as well as being part of the Central procurement organisation in HQ Paris.
Your focus areas will be managing the existing Danish category team who are responsible for a total spend per year of approx. DKK 1,1 billion for Saint-Gobain Denmark Construction materials. You will be part of the Nordic purchasing management team.
Further develop category management activities both across Denmark and the Nordic countries in close cooperation with Danish category team and peers in the other Nordic countries. It will require good and close dialogue with the internal stakeholders at the business units and in the global purchase organisation as well as with external suppliers to ensure the set targets are met and we get most for the money, but with a balance between price and quality as well as constant focus on sustainability.
Responsibilities / tasks
- Contribute to the overall savings target for Construction material Denmark, and simultaneously have focus on the sustainability requirements
- Leading the category team, setting targets & KPI for the category managers in your team, and support the team in prioritisation of tasks
- Take leading part in larger transport tenders and contract negotiations for Construction Material Denmark in close cooperation with internal key stakeholders
- Unify common purchase for the business units per category to gain synergies, efficiencies and exploiting expertise.
- Ensure usages of the global digital purchasing tools provided from the Central Purchasing team in Paris, and ensure training in usages of the tools are provided
- Positively contribute to a good and beneficial cooperation across departments, across business units, and across boarders
- Optimising and standardizing the purchasing processes in accordance with the requirements from internal Audit
- Taking part in developing category strategy for local / Nordic categories
- Conduct supplier evaluations and supplier audits occasionally
- Relevant commercial education within supply chain / procurement or similar with experience in sourcing, category management, leadership, supply chain, logistics etc. It is an advantage to have worked within manufacturing of building material, but not a must.
- Ability to analyse issues, develop solutions and effectively communicate recommendations.
- Strong communication and cooperation abilities across departments, business units & boarders.
- Strong competence to build relations, networking & team development & leadership
- Ability to constructively challenge requirements and current state to increase overall value for the company
- Flexibility to adjust and make decisions in situations with multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Capacity to work and team up with a multitude of different people – including business customers, functional managers, production project managers, operational purchasers etc. – to balance demands
- Working knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and in addition knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
- Worked with large international companies and having international experience is an advantage
- Great language proficiency in English and Danish both verbally and in writing
Can thrive in a global organization and have the energy and communication skills to work with many different people and cultures.
Are resolute, can withstand challenges, are persistent with personal strength and a determined approach to get agreements and processes optimized
Possess analytical skills and can adopt to a holistic perspective for complex situations, adhere to schedules and work in projects if required
What can Saint-Gobain offer
Your workplace can be at one of our production facilities: Isover, Vamdrup (south of Kolding) as our preferred; or Weber, Karlslunde (south of Copenhagen); Gyproc, Kalundborg, or Saint Gobain Nordic HQ (Copenhagen S).
Good flexible working conditions in a great working environment.
Pension and health care insurance.
If you have questions please feel free to reach out to Head of Business & People Development Susanne Reinert from GML-HR on +45 2115 8781, who is handling this recruitment on behalf of Saint-Gobain or press below to upload your CV and application.
Du er kun ét klik fra at åbne nye karrieremuligheder. Upload dit cv i vores database.