LEGO System A/S – Director, Quality in Development, Electronics
Do you dream of playing your part in building up capabilities within system engineering and electronics in the LEGO Group?
In this role you combine your people and stakeholder management skills with your quality engineering experience from a mechatronic product area or electronics industry.
- Enable your team to maintain and establish strong matrix relations to secure key quality principles, governed in other line functions, while at the same time ensuring a specific focus on technical feasibility in development activities
- Build capabilities in the team to ensure the combination of strong leadership, collaborators and quality specialist competencies within Electronics products and manufacturing processes
- Define, align and develop governance and E2E quality assurance and control systems “as we fly” in a high risk NPI project environment delivering system engineering solutions and final product designs in collaboration with both suppliers and internal parties
- Develop, disseminate and facilitate advanced quality assurance capabilities. Innovation and #system engineering# capabilities are still maturing in the LEGO Group and the leader is setting direction for the capability building agenda with focus on crucial integration events like FMEAs, Verification & Validation plans and DFXs
- Collaborate with partners end2end – some in the “traditional business” with strong foundation while others in “new business” and front-end still developing their approaches
- Mitigate and lead project risk profiles as financial impact and commercial risk will be significant, as seen in previous incidents related to immature technologies in new products
- Manage Quality Drivers in high-risk project portfolios with focus on Quality Assurance, test management and test execution in electronics system engineering environment
Play your part in our team succeeding
The Director, Quality in Development will lead the Quality Drivers in Tech Mechatronics projects, established to build our strategic foundation for securing quality in development of LEGO® innovation products/equipment and mitigate technical feasibility risk E2E.
The strategic ambition of expanding play and developing innovative toys is highly complex with high risks related to technical feasibility and calls for a focused effort with a core team of Quality specialists, able to work across functional areas with global span to design teams, engineering specialists, manufacturing sites and supplier sites.
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate has a bachelor or Master#s degree in engineering, Design or business development related field. You bring personal or experience with teams within APQP, DFSS (Six Sigma) or DFX (Design For Excellence) and preferably experience with project management. In addition, we expect that you have:
- Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent APQP experience
- Experience with QA in both Software and hardware incl. hardware and software testing, test automation and hybrid testing environments
- Min. 5 years Leader experience (Quality, Design, Development), preferably from a larger global company, leading senior people in the electronics industry
- 5-10 years of experience from Quality Engineering, Technical Design, Project Management, Product Development and/or Technology development in mechatronic/electronic product areas
- Strong background for working in complex multi-functional partner dynamics # Product groups, Technology Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.
- Proven track record from Risk management & Technology management on strategic levels
As a person you speak and write proficient English as well as show excellent collaboration, facilitation and communication skills. With your positive attitude and empowerment, you secure motivation and high satisfaction within your team. You have the mentality of a specialist and are able to build strong relations across the value chain.
This role will be based in DK, but you can expect up to 50 days of traveling a year.
If you would you like to know more about the position, please feel free to contact Partner at GML-HR, Lars Halsboe, who is handling this recruitment on behalf of LEGO at +45 24 25 88 08. If this position should be of interest to you, please apply by clicking the “Søg stillingen” button. CV and application in English.
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to #inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.#
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children#s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children#s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Take lead in defining the way LEGO® works with technology risks management in highly complex Innovation projects, by working across the value chain developing collaboration, ways of working and capabilities for the future.