Danish Crown – Category Managers – Group Procurement
Are you experienced in defining and executing a category strategy? Are you able to lead on sourcing projects and establish the right relationship with key stakeholders and suppliers? If you want to make a difference, now is your chance to develop a large category and take part in our transformation in centralizing procurement within the Danish Crown group.
Become a part of a dedicated and international department
In Group Procurement, we are 40 dedicated colleagues working at different locations in Europe. You are going to be a part of the area called ‘Indirect’ which is a sub-department that consists of four team members with reference to the director of this area. As we are on a great journey of aligning and optimizing indirect procurement you will play a vital role in this.
For the Indirect department, we are looking for two persons to take lead in either of following areas depending on your background and experience: Facility services, Production cleaning, Utilities and Technical gasses. Hence, you can come with a broad experience from indirect procurement and add value to which ever of beforementioned areas we agree you fit the best.
You will be based at our Head Quarter in Randers. You will have a wide reach to internal and external stakeholders since the position is on group level, and you will support our business units internationally through suppliers located all over the world.
Area of responsibility
- group accountable for maximizing the commercial benefit by clustering total consumption across business units
- securing clear strategic initiatives within a specific category
- reduce risk in the supply chain and/or reduce the cost of buying goods/services in right quality
- increase overall value from the supply base
- gain access to innovation from suppliers and market
- engage proactively with stakeholders to secure aligned decisions
This means that you will collaborate with many stakeholders – both internal and external – whom you actively will have to engage with to enhance our procurement now and in the future.
To mention some specific tasks, you will for example:
- define and execute your category strategy
- lead and execute sourcing projects
- segment supplier base within own category and establish the right relationship with key suppliers
- establish commercial- and logistic terms
We would like to see that you have:
- a commercial education combined with several years of experience within procurement
- a proven track-record of delivering strong business results from similar position(s).
- experience in setting a category strategy
- project management skills / sourcing process management
- negotiation and contract management skills
- strong business acumen
- analytical skills
- English skills in writing and speaking at negotiation level. Danish proficiency is a plus.
- strong IT skills
To succeed in this role, we imagine that you possess the following personal competencies:
- strong at stakeholder management and securing engagement
- a strong communicator
- persistent in following up and following through
- able to drive change and are ready for a changing environment
- eager to perform and create excellent results
You will become a part of a highly competent team that values a good environment with professional sparring as well as humour. This opportunity provides a platform for further personal growth and career development.
Annually, you must expect 20-30 days of travelling.
Starting date by agreement.
If you have questions, you are welcome to contact Partner at GML-HR, Lars Halsboe, who is handling this recruitment on behalf of Danish Crown via phone (+45) 2425 8808.